martes, 24 de febrero de 2009

speak

Say it now
I saw a face behind a veil of snow
There was nothing to it but silence
A silence like death, which took away all of its beauty
And made it akin to a stone, a wall, something without emotion, without
anything to say.
I saw your beloved face and it was suddenly too late
To understand that it willed to communicate nothing
Just a silence which you mistook for harmony
And which rammed my own shout of pain
Right back into my throat.
So this is the bloodless beauty I was tought to seek and take
as my soul companion...
Oh say it now for you are living and nothing that lives can be that empty
Don´t you know humans were given a voice which makes them more tender
And vulnerable than the trees or the animals?
Oh you must know Silence is not a retort but an act of cruelty.
Silence is arrogant: it is what the cold gods give back
when you look up in fear to ask them a question.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario